It's Monday...

I'm not going to say we all hate Mondays, that's a bit of a generalization. I'm sure not everyone hates Monday. Heck, I used to not have a problem with Monday. To be honest, if I remember correctly, I used to love Monday. It meant that I actually had something to do. The weekends were so dull and boring, and I felt like I was just counting down the hours until I could eat my next meal, take a shower, have a cigarette (back when I smoked - it really just was a time filler for me), etc.

Now its quite the opposite. While Monday isn't my BUSIEST day of the week, it's definitely the day that I have to start kicking myself into high gear. Preparing myself for the week both emotionally, and also in regards to making sure I have everything done. I only have my chemistry lecture and lab today, which is nice. But I'm going to be spending the entire day on campus writing a report for Math, doing math homework, making sure I understand the lab for tonight, and getting ahead on readings for my other classes.

I feel like I can never spend enough time studying. I don't know whether that's good or bad, sometimes I feel like I spend too much time studying things that most people just skim over. For instance, Math. I'm good at Math, I actually really love Math. But this past Friday I spent the entire day doing math problems, math homework that was assigned, but not to be turned in. Not only doing the assignments, but reading the text thouroughly and taking notes. I mean, I'm sure it will be nice when I I'm preparing for the exams and just need to freshen myself up on the material. But is it really necessary?

I don't really know what I'm getting at in this post. I guess the main reason I was writing this is that I'm really dreading the next few days. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. I'm stressed out, definitely. I have a lot to do. Tuesdays and Thursdays are hell because I have classes from 11:30 - 5:30, and have to get on campus an hour early because my car is unreliabld. But you know what, it's only four days. I can handly four days. And then I have Friday, Saturday, and Sunday to relax a little. I can do this.

I need to find some inexpensive way to reward myself on the weekend. I tend to use food as a reward - "you've worked so hard this week, you can splurge a little and have a REAL meal!" I think using food as an incentive to get through the week is kind of an unhealthy way of thinking. It's kind of like the idea of parents rewarding their child's good behavior with candy. What I eat shouldn't be determined by how well I've performed.

What are some ways you reward yourself at the end of a hard week?

Do you have a tendency to over study for things?

1 comment:

  1. even during my bulimic days, if i had a successful week at work, i would reward myself with British Vogue. i still do. :)

    hoping that your week is fantastic and healthy. xo from pennsylvania!

    ReplyDelete